The PW300 turbofan engine family is the engine of choice for new generation mid-size jets thanks to its outstanding reliability, durability, and operating economics. The PW300 family comprises 4 engine series and 13 models, ranging from 4,700 to 8,000 pounds thrust, with more than 4,300 engines produced having accumulated over 14 million flight hours. The PW300 is built with the latest technologies to deliver highly dependable, fuel-efficient power for its long range business jet applications. Low emissions TALON™ combustion and advanced shock management fan technologies also ensure clean, quiet performance. Furthermore, the latest full-authority digital engine control (FADEC) in many of the PW300 models provides reduced pilot workload and advanced engine health monitoring/diagnostics assuring a high standard in aircraft dispatch availability.
Operators of PW300 engines are supported by P&WC's industry-leading global customer support. This includes over 30 P&WC-owned and designated service facilities around the world, more than 100 field support representatives on all major continents, a 24/7 Customer First Centre for rapid expert support, the most advanced diagnostic capabilities for this market and the largest pool of P&WC rental and exchange engines in the industry.
PW300 engines incorporate the latest advanced technologies in the drive to exceed our customers' expectations in performance, reliability, durability, fuel consumption and environmental friendliness. Thirteen PW300 models have been produced (PW305 to PW308C) ranging in thrust from 4,700 to 8,000 pounds. The PW300 is a two-spool engine with a five-stage high pressure compressor driven by a two-stage, cooled high pressure turbine and a three-stage low pressure turbine driving a robust, advanced technology fan. A high efficiency through-flow combustor, with advanced TALON™ combustion in the latest models, ensures low emissions and fuel consumption. A high efficiency exhaust mixer further contributes to the engine family's low fuel burn and noise. The latest Full-Authority Digital Engine Control (FADEC) in many of the PW300 models provides reduced pilot workload and advanced engine health monitoring/diagnostics, assuring a high standard in aircraft dispatch availability. The result is a compact, light weight design that powers the majority of worldwide mid-size business jets.
- Advanced shock management technology
- FOD resistant titanium blades
- Easily repairable or replaceable on aircraft
- 4-stage axial, single centrifugal
- Integrally bladed rotors reduce parts count
- Electronically controlled variable Inlet Guide Vanes (IGV) and bleed valves
- Easy borescope access
- TALONTM advanced technology impingement and diffusion cooled
- Low emissions, high durability
Two-stage high pressure turbine
- High efficiency for low fuel consumption and long aircraft range
- Advanced materials and cooling technology for long hot-end life
- Built on the successful designs of the PW100 and PW4000 airline families
Three-stage low pressure turbine
- Free turbine, shrouded blades
- High efficiency mixer for high performance and low noise
- Based on P&WC proven designs
FADEC (Full Authority Digital Engine Control)
- Dual channel redundancy
- Ease of operation, reduced workload
- Intelligent health monitoring and diagnostics
- Designed for efficient integration with aircraft electronics
* Thrusts are approximate values at take-off. Available at sea level, standard day, static conditions, uninstalled.
** Dimensions are approximate values.
|PW305A||Bombardier Learjet Model 60|
|PW306C||Cessna Citation Sovereign|
|PW308C||Dassault Falcon 2000EX/DX|