Research and Development
Pratt & Whitney Canada is a leading R&D investor in Canadian aerospace and among the top ten in Canada for all industries.
We invested an average of over $400 million every year for the past five years. We have approximately 1,350 specialized positions at our research and development centres in Longueuil, Quebec, and Mississauga, Ontario.
Our investments and solid partnerships with various levels of government in R&D activities are enabling us to design and manufacture ecological, economical, and quieter engines.
Our long list of innovations includes:
- Next-generation combustion and aerodynamic technologies to meet emerging, stringent environmental standards.
- Advanced engine aero performance technologies to improve fuel efficiency.
- Physics-based modeling to reduce development cycles and increase speed to market.
- High-speed/precision manufacturing technologies to enhance products and increase productivity.
- Leveraging of emerging diagnostic technologies to improve engine reliability and safety.